Criteria for Admission
We focus on educating students with average to above-average cognitive abilities and at least one of the following:
- A learning disability in reading, math, or writing, including dyslexia
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, ADD)
- Difficulty with organization
- Poor study skills
- Inconsistent motivation or achievement
Students applying to Tampa Day School should fall into one of these above categories.
Contact us today through this convenient online form, and we’ll help walk you through the admissions process.
Three Steps to Admission
If you’re ready to apply, contact us today and we will help you through the steps to admission.
Step 1: Initial Connection
- Discuss your child’s needs and past experiences
- Provide records and evaluations, including a full, current (completed within the past 2 years) psychoeducational evaluation
Step 2: Pre-Admission Evaluation
- Teacher recommendation form and release form (May be determined based on individual basis)
- Following initial review of submitted documents, additional documentation may be requested
- Interview, tour, and shadow day may be scheduled
Step 3: Committee Review and Decision
- Admission Committee meets and reviews previous evaluations, as well as student shadow information, and makes a decision whether or not admission is appropriate.
- At this point, you will be contacted to discuss the results of the decision.
- If your child is admitted, we schedule time with you to come in with your completed admissions paperwork and registration payment.
- Schedule your child’s start date at Tampa Day School!
- A parent-student orientation is held on the first day of enrollment.