The Tampa Day School Difference
Our individualized program offers many benefits that other schools may not be able to provide for your child, such as:
- Small class sizes
- A welcoming environment
- Teachers that have the knowledge to help students learn how to overcome the challenges associated with dyslexia
- Teachers who take the time to identify the cause of your child’s reading difficulty
- Daily, systematic phonetic instruction geared to address your child’s unique phonological weaknesses
- Lessons tailored to the learning style of your child, rather than enforcing a “one-size-fits-all” approach
Determining if Tampa Day School is a Good Fit for Your Child
If your child has dyslexia, chances are they may struggle with a fear of academic failure and a host of social insecurities as a result of the unique set of challenges they face.
At Tampa Day School, we know that every student can learn to read. They just might learn in very different ways. If your student displays one or more of the following signs of dyslexia, Tampa Day School may be just what they need to boost their confidence and learn how to read!
Signs of Dyslexia
- Your child struggles with the ability to detect and manipulate the sounds in words that are heard.
- Your child has difficulty learning the sound/symbol relationships essential for sounding out words.
- Your child relies on memorization, sight word reading, and/or guessing when it comes to reading words.
- Your child becomes frustrated when reading and dreads being asked to read.
- Your child suffers from feelings of inadequacy and loses self-confidence around their peers.
- Your child displays feelings of anxiety or depression or acts out as a result of their challenges.
If you’re ready to see your child regain the confidence they once had before entering their fight with dyslexia, enroll them in Tampa Day School and watch them learn to read in their own way, and experience the gratification of academic success!
Request More Information
Ready to take the next step? Request more information about Tampa Day School today!
To learn more about dyslexia, check out our Dyslexia Fact Sheet.