Our teachers have specialized training in anxiety disorders and a desire to support anxious students. Teachers incorporate research-based strategies into daily classroom instructional practices and help students struggling with anxiety to develop skills and regain the confidence they need to succeed in school. At Tampa Day School, children with anxiety disorder actually look forward to coming to school each day.
The Tampa Day School Difference
Our individualized program offers many benefits that other schools may not be able to provide for your child, such as:
- Small class sizes
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Teachers that have the knowledge to help students learn how to manage their anxiety
- Teachers who know how to create expectations that are clear, but not overwhelming, and appropriate for each child
- Confidence that comes to your child as he/she meets expectations and begins to gradually take on a full, manageable workload
Determining if Tampa Day School is a Good Fit for Your Child
Did you know that anxiety disorders can occur in children just as often as adults? This neurologically-based, physical problem occurs when there is an inappropriately high level of anxiety, or when anxiety seems to occur without a source.
If you notice any of the following signs that your child may be struggling with school anxiety, then Tampa Day School may be just the nurturing educational environment your child needs to thrive.
Signs of Anxiety in School
- Your child dreads going to school and may even cry about going to school.
- Your child frequently gets sick on Sunday night.
- Your child cannot focus on school assignments and may be unable to keep up with school work.
- Your child feels overwhelmed if he or she is asked to do two things at once.
For example, Read chapter 4 and write a report summarizing the chapter.
- Your child becomes anxious with open-ended tasks.
For example, Read in your history book every night, because you never know when you might have a pop quiz.
- Your child becomes overly upset if he or she is not prepared.
For example, they left their geography book at home with the homework assignment stuck in it.
If an anxiety disorder is interfering with your child’s common, everyday functions, consider enrolling them with us at Tampa Day School, and help them discover confidence once again!
Request More Information
Ready to learn more?
about Tampa Day School today!