Whatever the challenges, our mission is the same: UHA! to Understand each child’s strengths and weaknesses, Honor their uniqueness, and help them Achieve academic, emotional and social success. All of this is done with Passion (!) thanks to a highly devoted, skillful and enthusiastic team of teachers and staff.
School is what kids do for a living; they need to experience success on the job.
- Impactful Relationships: TDS recognizes the importance of strong relationships between teachers and students, as well as relationships among peers. These connections foster self-esteem, improve motivation and result in successful school experiences. In our close-knit community, children know they are surrounded by adults who will listen and never give up on them.
- Continuing Collaboration: Teachers and administrators partner with families to educate the whole child: socially, emotionally, and academically. Our forward-thinking approach instills in each child a growth mindset, which is a catalyst for continued growth long after they leave our campus.
- Rigorous Curriculum: High academic standards are set through a rigorous curriculum that both challenges and supports learning. Students are able to thrive academically because the material is presented in a way that is tailored to engage unique learning styles.
- Intentional Decisions: Every decision is highly intentional and aligned with our Mission (UHA!). We pride ourselves for embedding evidence-based instructional strategies, ongoing professional development, and a student-centered approach to learning.
- Incomparable Approach: Our approach to education maximizes each student’s potential for success. This approach includes differentiated instruction, small class sizes, recognition of individual needs, and teachers who are both flexible in their approach and devoted to the student learning outcomes of their students.
- Infinite Opportunities: We value achievement beyond academic success which is why we offer opportunities for students to succeed in the arts, technology, competitive sports, and extracurricular activities. This enables students to explore and soar.
Ready to learn more about our school for children who learn differently? Contact us to