- Children with dyslexia
- Children who have never grasped initial reading skills and have difficulty decoding words
- Children who read words accurately but do not understand what they read
- Children who read haltingly, lacking fluency and speed
- Older children who exhibit significant reading difficulties, despite years of instruction
Once your child’s specific reading needs have been identified through our assessment process, an individual plan that is tailored to those needs is designed. Your child’s individual plan for remediation is then addressed through a combination of specific reading intervention strategies designed to target weaknesses in phonemic awareness, word attack, spelling, sight words, reading fluency, reading accuracy, reading comprehension, oral comprehension, and written language skills.
Our reading intervention program uses several different components to remediate reading difficulties. All of our programs are research-based, and your child’s plan may include strategies from a variety of nationally recognized reading programs such as See Time Fly, Barnell Loft Specific Skills series, Soar to Success, Vanilla Vocabulary, Great Leaps, Visual Tracking, Spelling Demons, and Sound Awareness.
Reading Remediation with Results
- One-to-one instruction with a highly skilled Reading Clinician
- Concentrated reading time, from one hour daily to four hours per day if necessary
- Integrating the senses of hearing, seeing, and feeling to promote reading development
- Utilizing research-based materials
- Pre-testing and post-testing of students using standardized measurement tools
- Kids smile, Moms sigh with relief, and Dads cry when the child says, “Mom, Dad – can I read this book to you?”
Our intensive reading intervention is available through the Learning Solutions program at Tampa Day School throughout the academic year and during the summer.
Ready to learn more? Contact us to